Call for Sessions - Drupal Developer Days Lisbon 2018
We are now accepting session proposals for Drupal Developer Days Lisbon 2018. Sessions will be presented in different rooms at the venue from July 3rd to July 6th, 2018.
Please take a moment, read the guidelines and coordinate all your information before submitting. We specifically encourage submissions from speakers of a diverse background. If you worked on a project with a colleague from the often under-represented profiles, consider coaching her/him to present the session instead, or maybe consider co-presenting with him/her.
The submission deadline is the end of May 7th, 2018, at midnight UTC.
You may submit up to 2 proposals as presenter or co-presenter.
If you need assistance with submitting your proposal please contact us.
You can view the list of submitted sessions here
Sessions should be targeted for 45 minute slots: 30 minutes for session presentation and 15 minutes for Q&A. We have slots for 60 sessions.
We also have space for a small number of workshops with a maximum of 2h each.
DDD will not select proposals which are attempting to promote a product or issue. Presenters are asked not to sell, recruit, or market their organization or services during sessions or workshops. If you would like to participate in formal advertising, exhibiting or recruiting please see more info here.
DDD Seeks Proposals That:
- Contain leading-edge information / theory / innovative practices
- Emphasize education and training
- Are "how to" and hands-on
- Focus on skill-building
- Provide professional development
- Provide information not easily accessible to your target audience
- Offer strategies for growing educational and non-profit organizations
- Offer strategies for using teaching, business, and design technologies
Target Audience and Skill Level
Since the conference offers events and programming for all Professional levels, it is advisable to know and define your Target Audience(s) and the workshop’s skill level.
- Software developers
- College/University Students
- College/University Teachers, Instructors
- High School Teachers, Instructors
- Early Career
- All – Introduction and exploration of concept
- Beginner – Building on basic skills and developing competency
- Intermediate – Fine tuning for experienced with concept
- Advanced - Offer new approaches to professionally experienced
All proposals must be submitted online, until April 30, 2018.
- Don't wait until submission deadlines. If you propose a topic that is already well represented by other experts, it will be less likely to be selected.
- Be prepared with the following information:
- Presenter name, work affiliation, position title, address, email and phone number contacts that provide direct contact with presenter.
- If there is more than one presenter, identify ALL persons and provide the above requested information.
- Full title of your session
- 3 to 4 learning objectives
- A full description supporting your proposal for the conference program, website and promotional opportunities.
- A 50-75-word bio for the lead presenter and photo for website publicity.
- If you are requesting others to participate in your presentation or panel, confirm their participation first.
- PLEASE NOTE: All presenters of approved programs are required to register and pay as an "Individual" for the conference.
Review and selection process
Session selection will be done by the organization after the session submission closing date.
After the proposal review process is complete, e-mail notifications will be sent to accepted proposals no later than May 14th, 2018.
Do I get paid or compensated for presenting at Drupal Developer Days?
While we offer no compensation for presenting, we'll extend the early bird ticket price for those which session is finally selected.
All presenters and program participants are responsible for their convention registration fees, travel, and lodging expenses.
Please note that if you are accepted into the program and you cannot attend, please notify us of cancellation 2 weeks prior to the event.
We coordinate scheduling of each program and are careful to avoid conflicts.
The more information you can give us regarding your content, room set-up, and expected attendance, the less chance you'll be competing for the same target audience.
Sessions will be scheduled beginning Tuesday July 3rd, 2018 through Friday, July 6th, 2018.