Config Split for Multi-site Configuration Management
Config split works like a charm when we want to sync configuration between Dev, QA, Staging and Production environments. But have you used it to implement a configuration sync in a multi-site environment? Here’s why you should:
- Config management easily allows to sync configuration between multiple environments like dev, staging and production.
- You can create split for each site as well.
In some multi-site setups, where the majority of configurations are similar and few configurations get changed from site to site (e.g. site name, site email, etc.), config split can work like a Swiss knife.
In this session, we’ll discuss the following:
- A quick introduction to config_split
Usage of config split for multi-site environments
- And yes, it works well with “multilingual multi-sites”
- Multi-site structure setup, related folder and files settings to make it work
- Creating a new instance from specific exported config split profile
- Possible config ignore items to consider when using for multilingual sites