Want to see new ways to take full advantage of Drupal using Symfony Components? This is for you! As a non-Drupal developer who works with Symfony Framework for years I'm trying to bring communities together by showing Drupal developers the power of the Symfony components available in Drupal and to show Symfony Framework developers that Drupal can also do the things they are used to work with. This session is about a journey to a completely alternative way to create a Restful API without using any of the well known modules. Don't be afraid to let go of the drupalisms you know and love...
At the end of this session you will:
- know the different between Symfony Components and Symfony Framework
- know how event subscribers can add powerful functionality
- know how Symfony components can improve your workflows
- and how this attract non-Drupal developers to help on Drupal projects
- learn how to create controllers as services and why this is useful
- learn how you can configure controllers with annotations
- have a basic understanding of Symfony Form
- learn about auto-wiring features available in Drupal 8.5
- be excited to try everything yourself!